MOST MINNESOTA SCHOOLS remain closed through Wednesday due to extreme cold. Air temps in the minus 30-degree range combined with 30 mph winds could bring windchills of 60 degrees below zero. That’s dangerously cold. Too cold for kids to wait at bus stops or walk to school. Too cold, really, for anyone to be outdoors. Exposed skin can freeze in minutes.
We expect schools to close. But how does weather affect the rest of our day-to-day activities here in the Bold North?
I poked around and found the cancellation of a community staple. BINGO. Here’s a sampling of BINGO cancellations as posted on various online sources:
- Afternoon and evening sessions of Bingo at Jackpot Junction is canceled.
- Senior Citizens Bingo at Hardees in Granite Falls cancelled for Tuesday
- Gibbon Lions Bingo @ D’s Pit Stop canceled
- Bingo at Meyer’s Bar in Sleepy Eye canceled
- VFW Post 1215 – Rochester: Hall Bingo for tonight, Jan 28th, is cancelled.
And one more thing, if you live in Morton: Residents of Valley Drive and Quarry Drive in Morton should leave water dripping in faucets to avoid frozen pipes. Yup, just one more concern besides frostbite. And no BINGO.
© Copyright 2019 Audrey Kletscher Helbling