FOR WHAT ARE YOU thankful?
The standard answers are often family, health, house…
But what if you think deeper than that to the specifics. I decided to do that. Here’s a partial, quick list of that for which I am thankful in the first 11 months of 2018:
- A new baby on the way with our second grandchild (a boy) due in less than two months.
- Skilled medical professionals who cared for me, encouraged me and helped me recover after surgery on a broken wrist.
- A husband who exuded absolute calm even when I semi screamed at him to drive faster to the hospital emergency room.
- A son and his girlfriend who baked and mailed chocolate chunk cookies from Boston as I recovered from wrist surgery and again in celebration of my birthday.
- Minimal damage on and to our property following severe storms and tornadoes that swept across Minnesota on September 20. I am especially grateful for significant advance warning.
- An extended family that still gathers in my hometown each July for an annual reunion that includes aunts, uncles, cousins and their families.
- The opportunity to blog regularly for Warner Press, a Christian publishing company in Anderson, Indiana.
- Friends who support, pray for and encourage me, as well as make me laugh and wrap me in their love.
- My 2 ½-year-old granddaughter. No other words needed.
- Several days away at a northwestern Minnesota lakeside condo, thanks to the generosity of friends who couldn’t use their entire timeshare week. This was a first for Randy and me and exactly what we needed.
Sometimes all I really need, though, is to pause for a moment and consider my blessings. Of which there are many.
TELL ME: What are you especially thankful for this Thanksgiving?
© Copyright 2018 Audrey Kletscher Helbling